We are open to provide you with top quality Physiotherapy, there are however procedures we need to follow to ensure your and our health and safety.
As we are a healthcare environment, that inherently involves very close contact, there are obviously lots of things we have to address and consider.
Following the latest guidance, wherever possible, we will continue to offer virtual online appointments as a preferred alternative to face to face. Any patients making a booking will have to be assessed online/ by telephone first to identify which path of care is most appropriate for you. Phillip will carry this out with each patient prior to your appointment.
It is our priority is to keep you as safe as possible, and in order to re-open the clinic for face to face services, we have implemented a number of changes which we would like to make you aware of.
These measures have been put in place following an extensive risk assessment and will be revised and amended as necessary. To help ensure we can run and maintain a safe environment for all, it is essential that you carefully read the steps we have taken and agree to comply with the measures we ask visitors to our clinic to take.
The Twyford Clinic – steps we’ve taken to create a COVID Secure Clinic
Online Virtual Assessment
- Prior to booking any face to face consultations, we will conduct an online or phone assessment to identify which path of care is most appropriate for you. We must assess whether you have significant pain or an urgent clinical need that justifies attending for a face to face consultation, in line with the latest professional guidance.
- During this assessment we will diagnose your condition or injury, through a series of questions and tests, advise on the most appropriate advice and care and prescribe a personalised exercise programme, which we will then email you.
- Following the latest guidance, wherever possible, we will continue to offer virtual online as a preferred alternative to face to face.
- Should it be agreed face to face care is the preferred route, we will ensure that you understand:
- The potential nature of close patient contact during our services
- The level of PPE that a clinician will be required to wear
- The infection prevention and control measures that must be taken
- You will need to complete a ‘Risks statement consent form for face to face treatment’ which we will confirm you understand and agree to.
- Given the guidance on shielding, those classified as ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’ will be discouraged from face to face appointments during the period of shielding.
- As part of the assessment, we will ask you a series of screening questions in relation to COVID-19.
- All correspondence, invoices, exercises and receipts will be sent via email, so please ensure we have your correct email address and monitor your spam folder. We are unable to provide any paper documents, receipts or information.
- You will find physical reminders of social distancing throughout the clinic, including posters.
- All magazines, printed material and soft furnishings (including pillows and towels) have been removed.
- We would ask that if you would like a pillow or towel during treatment, to please bring your own.
- We will be minimising the use of equipment wherever possible.
- Appointments will be staggered to facilitate social distancing.
- We would request that if at all possible, you do not bring anyone with you to your appointment. If it is your preference to bring someone with you, they will have to accompany you into the clinic room (they will not be able to wait in the waiting area) and will also be asked COVID-19 screening questions and to record their contact details should we require them in the future as part of track and trace.
- Children under 16 will need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian (in line with our Child Protection Policy), who will also need to answer COVID-19 screening questions.
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment to minimise the risk of contact with other patients.
- Whilst in the clinic, please observe social distancing, by keeping at least 2m from anyone (unless receiving clinical treatment).
Booking and payments
- After your appointment, you will be sent an email with a link to make payment securely online. (Prompt payment would be much appreciated, don’t forget to check you spam folder if you don’t see the email).
- We will be unable to accept cash payments.
- We have put in place enhanced cleaning measures for all communal and clinical areas. The clinic rooms will be cleaned thoroughly in between every patient, and additional time has been scheduled to allow for this.
- All communal and high contact areas will be cleaned frequently.
- We have replaced all fabric chairs with wipeable seating and removed any soft furnishings and accessories.
- We will ask all patients visiting the clinic to wear their own face covering. If possible, please wear your own face covering to the clinic. If you don’t have one, we will provide you with one.
- Phillip will be wearing appropriate PPE in line with the latest guidance.
- Please do not wear your own gloves into the clinic, as this poses a potential risk.
- Please use hand sanitiser when you enter the clinic.
- Please refrain from touching anything whilst you are in the clinic.
- We understand the importance of hand hygiene and will ensure that they wash their hands in according with COVID Secure guidelines before and after any ‘hands on’ interaction.
- We have carried out a risk assessment on all the services that we offer and we are confident that we can continue to provide these safely. We will be offering selected, essential services initially and will review what we offer on an ongoing basis subject to Government recommendations.
We aim to make any interactions as safe, comfortable and valuable as possible. If you have any concerns about the services please let us know and we will do what we can to satisfy you. If you have any preferences regarding social distancing and ‘hands on’ treatments please advise your Clinician so that these can be respected.
PLEASE READ, COPY and PRINT and FILL IN THE CONSENT FORM BELOW AND BRING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
SCREENING TEMPLATE for The Twyford Clinic FOR AGREEMENT FOR A FACE TO FACE APPOINTMENT
I confirm that I have not had any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days: fever, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste or smell, dry cough, runny nose or sore throat.
I confirm that I am not in the clinically extremely vulnerable category and therefore advised to shield at home by the government.
I confirm that to the best of my knowledge, I have not been in close contact with anyone with confirmed COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
I understand that coronavirus may not cause symptoms in some people and is currently causing a pandemic which means healthcare services are required to operate differently.
I confirm I have been made aware of physiotherapy guidelines that require a telephone/video triage appointment to be conducted before I can attend in person.
About my Visit:
I confirm I am aware of the clinic’s requirement for social distancing in the clinic.
I confirm I am aware of the clinic’s requirement for hand decontamination in the clinic:
I confirm I am aware if the clinic requires me to wear a face-covering whilst inside the clinic:
I confirm I have been told about the cleaning of the clinic room before/after my attendance:
I confirm I am aware of the clinic’s requirement for contactless payment.
I understand that my physiotherapist is required to wear PPE as set by Public Health authorities during my appointment and this is not optional for them.
About my Clinician:
They have confirmed they have not had any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days: fever, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste or smell, dry cough, runny nose or sore throat:
They have confirmed that to the best of their knowledge, they have not been in close contact with anyone with confirmed COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
They have discussed with me the reasons why my clinical need for healthcare cannot be met by a telephone/video consultation.
I have had the opportunity to ask all the questions I wish to, and all of my questions have been answered to my satisfaction. Use space below to record details:
I agree to attend a face to face appointment during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Signed Patient ………………………………………………………………………..
OR [delete as applicable]
Signature of person with parental responsibility / person legally entitled to sign on behalf of a person who lacks capacity